I have read and understood the application:
• The date and time for the Arts in the Park is Sunday, September 16, 2018, 11:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., rain or shine. No refunds can be granted for canceled registrations. The show will be on Raritan Avenue (Route 27) in Highland Park, NJ. Set-up times are 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Load-out begins promptly at 4:30 p.m. and must be completed no later than 5:30 p.m.
• Exhibiting artists must display original works, framed or otherwise, suitable for display under a tent, in any of the following seven (8) categories: Painting, Sculpture, Photography, Fine Crafts, “Green” (recycled/found), Graphics/Drawing/Printmaking, Mixed Media, Jewelry, and Textiles/Quilts/Needlework.
• To participate in the juried art show, a minimum of three (3) images of your work as electronic photos, representative of your original work to be displayed and/or sold at the festival, must be submitted with your application for review and acceptance. These submissions can be emailed to MainStreetHighlandPark@gmail.com.
• Arts in the Park is a family-friendly event. Artwork must be appropriate for a family event.
• Awards will be given in each category. First, second and third places will be awarded in each category in the form of cash awards and ribbons. The announcement of award winners will take place at approximately 1:00 p.m. on the day of the show.
• The fee, photos, and application are due by September 1, 2018, in order to ensure review and acceptance to the show.
• The artist participation fee includes only the one space.
• The Main Street Highland Park Art Festival Committee reserves the right to decline admission to any prospective applicant. The participation fee will be returned only to applicants denied admission to the show.
• All applicants will be notified of their acceptance by email or mail no later than September 2, 2018.
• Entry is granted solely to individual artists, and the art to be displayed in each exhibition space is that of a single individual (unless the art is collaborative in nature). Representation by second or third parties is not allowed.
• Artist is responsible for supplying a table and a tent (EZ-up style, no wider than 12 feet wide) that must be weighted to the street’s blacktop.
• Sale of artwork is permitted. No commissions will be charged on sales. A live demonstration of your artistic practice is welcome.
• Personal and Liability insurance is the responsibility of each artist. It is recommended, but not required.
• Electricity is not provided by the event.
• Each artist/vendor will receive one parking pass. Artists/vendors will identify their vehicle with the official parking pass. Make sure the pass is visible and park only in the pre-assigned spaces. Parking areas TBD.
• All artists/vendors must be completely set up and vehicles removed from the street by 11:00 a.m. Vehicles will not be permitted access to the exhibit area on Raritan Avenue after 10:45 a.m.
• Artists/vendors are responsible for maintaining acceptable standards of sanitation within their booths. Recycling is the responsibility of each artist/vendor.
• By signing this agreement, artist/vendor agrees to release and hold harmless Main Street Highland Park.